Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

own MOH with Ipod shuffle

one of my customers has plug in a ipod shuffle to the MOH audio port to play MOH. its broadcasting, did a debug seems to be working, But its not playing anything. Is there any compatible issues with apple ipod shuffle and UC560 MOH port?

or can anyone sudgess a player which charges as plays and suitable for UC560 moh audio port. OR  will it a good idea to compress the playlist and upload to flash. any help

thanks

shameer

10 Replies 10

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mohamed,

You shouldn't have any problems running an iPod Shuffle or even an MP3 Player, do it many times and it plays the audio through it.

Can you check your telephony-services area one more time for me and see if the following command is there please

" multicast moh 239.10.0.1 port 2000"

It would be good to check one more time for us

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Morning David

Thanks for your reply. I checked the config it has following command on it

call-forward pattern .T

moh flash:/media/music-on-hold.au

multicast moh 239.10.16.16 port 2000

also is it possible to replace the cisco MOH with own compressed MOH.will it work or any particular way of doing that?

regards

shameer

Do you use CCA?  If ou do, then you can use OM (Office manager) and it converts any mp3 or wav or au to be used as your MOH.

I have the Beastie Boys:  "No Sleep till Brooklyn" on mine.

If you dont use CCA and cant use OM, then you have to do it manually.

manyually convert to CCITT u-law, 8bit, 8KHz, Mono and put on flash.

BTW, are you using a proper audio dubbing cable (single wire and jack)?

thanks steven

we not using CCA. only CLI. also we planning to do a reinstall using CCA3.0 in a weekend.

do you think the cable has anything to do with this issue.

thanks

shameer

My UC560 has the same set up.

I also have the ephone-dn for MOH.

Hope you do too?

ephone-dn
number BCD no-reg primary
description MoH
preference 0 secondary 9
huntstop 
call-waiting beep
moh mode 
moh out-call ABC
no cti notify
no cti watch

Make sure you have multicast-moh assigned to every ephone you wish to have MOH come to.  The default is ON so it wont show in sh run, but will in sh telephony-service all.

More CLI reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_m1ht.html#wp1020779

thanks for your reply

this is how the ephone-dn look like

!

!

ephone-dn 

number BCD no-reg primary

description MoH

moh ip 239.10.16.16 port 2000 out-call ABC

!

!

also

dial-peer voice 5 pots

description ** MOH Port **

destination-pattern ABC

port 0/4/0

no sip-register

is this configuration missing something

thanks

shameer

yes I have the same dial peer.

my MOH port IP address statement is in telephony-service.

multicast moh 239.10.16.16 port 2000

Why dont you try that and limit your ephone-dn to:

moh mode 
moh out-call ABC

hi Steven

the Office manager you mentioned to have own MOH in your previous post. is that cisco office manager. where can i download and is it free to use.

thanks for your help

shameer

www.cisco.com/go/officemanager

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mohamed,

I highly doubt it that you will be able to use Office Manager right now as the system was not built using CCA, OM is very fussy and ideally only works on systems that are built using CCA or if done via CLI then programmed in exactly the same way CCA builds the configuration.

For now I would give OM a miss as it will frustrate you to no end, it is a good little bit of software and works quite well, but only int he environment it was designed to work in, that being CCA built systems.

Once you post up your configuration we can look at it and make the required adjustments, however if you are going to rebuild the system using CCA-3 then maybe there is no need to go through this whole exercise as CCA will in any event build the system up exactly how you require it, and the MOH via the 3.5mm Jack will work as well.

If you have a pressing need to fix up the MOH now then please let me know and we can process to further diagnosis and repair.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: