cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pantel / Pancode VoIP Door Phone with SPA9K

orenk
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to attach a Pantel VoIP door phone to an existing SPA9000. That was not a trivial task as configuring the Pantel VoIP to register with the SPA9000 as an extension results with any other extension being able to call the Pantel VoIP while the Pantel VoIP not being able to initiate a call to any of the other extensions (6 rapid busy tones). Now this is a big bummer as the whole purpose of a door phone is its ability to call in and not the ability of internal extensions to call the door phone....

After many hours, I did manage to find a solution:

The idea is to use one of the SPA9K Lines as an interface for the Pantel VoIP. In order to do that, you'll need to choose a line (I'm using Line2 as Line 1 is attached to a SPA3102 PSTN GW).

SPA9K configuration:

Goto Admin->Advanced->Voice->Line2.

Line Enable: YES

UserID: 2000

Use Auth ID: No

Contact List : Hunt group or internal extensions you want to ring when pressing the CALL button on the Pantel VoIP.

Use outbound Proxy: No

Use ob proxy in dialog: No

Register: no

Make call without reg: YES

Ans Call without REG: Yes

Submit All Changes.

Pantel Configuration:

System Page

Username: Set the extension number for the Pantel.

Password: Leave empty

User domain: SPA9K IP

Proxy IP Address: SPA9K IP

Proxy Port: 5061 (For line 2... 5060 for Line 1, 5062 for line 3, etc.)

Auto registration: Disable

Code Type: U-Law

SUBMIT

VoIP Page

DTMF SIP Presentation Mode: Transparent (If you want the ability to press a button on the extension in order to open the door)

Call button dialing - day mode destination: 2000 (Note that it has to be the same as the UserID of the Line interface you have configured on the SPA9K

SUMBIT, then REBOOT

That's it. That should get you a Pantel / Pancode VoIP calling into the SPA9K with the ability to talk to the person at the door and open the door by pressing a key. Note that I'm still working on the abiltiy to try and initate a call from an extension to the Pantel VoIP although it is not a functionality I really need.

3 Replies 3

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Oren;

Thanks for the posting. Curious that cannot initiate a call from Pantel, when plugged as extension. Can you make sure you use the following settings:

proxy: spa9000_ip:6060

user id: 100-116

pwd: blank

Regards;

Alberto

Alberto, hi.

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed, I am using user id of 8xx and not 1xx. I did not want to use 1xx as all emergency services in Israel are 1xx.

Is the 1xx limitation a Pantel limitation?

Oren.

haridimos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Oren,

we tried the configuration you've stated (we have a SPA9000 and a Pantel/Pancode IP Door Phone, but the door phone never manages to communicate with the extensions... And it's not also found from the SPA9000 ... Have you added the door phone as a client to the SPA9000 and if yes, how did you achieved that ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: