Views
Helpful
Replies

Perplexed: SPA2102 not working with WBP54G

georgeclin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a SPA2102 which has been working reliably on Ethernet.  I relocated it to a location without an Ethernet jack so I had to use a WBP54G wireless-G bridge.  The phone adapter still works so the configuration of the wirless-G bridge must be fine.  However, every day or so, phone 1 and phone 2 LEDs on the phone adapter would go off and then I can't make or receive calls any more.  To fix it, I have to unplug the wireless-G bridge's A/C adapter which in turn cycles the power to the phone adapter.  Then it works fine for a day or two until the next outage.

Any idea of a permanent fix (other than keep unplugging the A/C adapter)?  I appreciate any and all suggestions.

George

3 Replies 3

When you unplug the power of your wireless adaptor the ethernet connection of the SPA goes down. Normally this causes the reboot of the SPA and so a fresh registration to your sip server or ITSP. Try to reduce the registration period:

Use 300 or 120 seconds.

Best regards.

georgeclin
Level 1
Level 1

One other clue...when my SPA2102 is in this downed state, the LED status is as follows:

Power: blinking green

Internet: steady green

Phone 1: off

Phone 2: off

Thanks.

George

Here’s an update.  I decided to solve my problem with a low tech solution: using a splitter that splits a single RJ45 wall outlet into an Ethernet jack and a 2-line analog phone jack.  This is possible because the wiring in the wall is CAT5 (8 conductors).  Previously, my 4-line phone gets 2 landlines from the wall outlet and 2 VoIP lines from the SPA-2102 which in turn gets its network connection from the wireless-G bridge.  Now I don’t need to mess with wireless anymore as the SPA-2102 is plugged into the wall.  Problem solved.

George