cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone in FXS Port in Key mode

rlongkd8fre
Level 1
Level 1

I have a system in Key Mode, and cannot seem to figure out how to get an analog phone that's plugged into the FXS Port to make an outgoing call.

4 Replies 4

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Russ,

The key system mode supports shared fxo line at the SPA5xx phones to make the outbound calls. It's not supported at FXS port analog phone since it doesn't have multiple phone buttons as SPA5xx phone does.

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

I hate to be picky, but was that even in English?

Hi Russ,

In pure key system mode the FXS port (and SPA502 phone)  can't be configured as a member of a Shared FXO Line.  There is no way to directly reach these phones on an inbound call.  They can however, be used to make out bound calls if the system is configured in blended mode and the option 'Include in Outbound calls' is checked on the Shared FXO Lines page.  In this scenario the FXS phone would dial 9 + address and the system will let the FXS use an idle FXO that has that capability enabled.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Christopher,

Thanks. I'll try the blended mode and see if that's what I'm wanting.  I majorly want the FXS phone for outbound calls and the ability to transfer a call to it, so I'm thinking that should work.

Thanks,

Russ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: