cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Loads

sunilgavaskar
Level 1
Level 1

I have got Cisco-520  with 16 user license and I  am going implement IP telephony in our environment for the first time.

I have few pre-implementation questions

1. I saw in the specification that this model supports all latest models of Cisco IP phones  and most of the settings are pre-configured to support for small businesses. So in this case When I connect an IP phone to the router's PoE port will the phone auto-register and get its firmware and the configuration?

or do I need to specify the phone loads for each model ?

2. In case If I need to load the firmware and settings manually in CME what steps I need to perform? will I be able to do it from CCA ?

also suggest me any other steps to connect my IP Phones and make them work with their internal extensions (I have already created internal dial peers )

Thanks

10 Replies 10

bigdaddyajay
Level 1
Level 1

1-The auto get their firmware once you plug them in.  They don't register automatically though, you need to do that through CCA.

2-You can do it from CCA.  When you upgrade the Software pack for the UC520, it has the phone loads on them

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-10361

I think you just pick which ones you want to install

Thanks for the info. I have the Software pack version 8.0.0 installed on my UC-520.

I tried with Cisco IP communicator installed on my system. It auto registered and got an extension automatically.

if I update my software pack for UC-520 to later version will it erase my existing configuration?

I also wanted to know how to check the phone load files from the flash. there are many files on the flash I do not know which files are phone load files/

how can I know what files are associated with which phone load. is there any  site available so that I can check which file to load for specific phone model ?

The upgrade should nto delete your existing config. For phone-load to phone association, you can inspect the "show running-config" and look for the "tftp-server" commands. They will indicate the mapping.

Thanks,

Marcos

I have checked the running-config. but I am unable to identify which loads file corresponds to which phone model.

these are few commands I found.

tftp-server flash:term06.default.loads

tftp-server flash:term11.default.loads

tftp-server flash:S00104000100.sbn

tftp-server flash:cmterm_7936.3-3-5-0.bin

tftp-server flash:P0030702T023.loads

tftp-server flash:P0030702T023.sbn

tftp-server flash:P0030702T023.sb2

tftp-server flash:P0030702T023.bin

tftp-server flash:cmterm-7941-7961-sccp.7.0.3.tar

tftp-server flash:cnu41.2-7-6-26.sbn

tftp-server flash:CVM41.2-0-2-26.sbn

tftp-server flash:Jar41.2-9-2-26.sbn

tftp-server flash:TERM41.7-0-3-0S.loads

tftp-server flash:term41.default.loads

tftp-server flash:term61.default.loads

tftp-server flash:cnu70.2-7-6-26.sbn

tftp-server flash:CVM70.2-0-2-26.sbn

tftp-server flash:Jar70.2-9-2-26.sbn

tftp-server flash:TERM70.7-0-3-0S.loads

tftp-server flash:term70.default.loads

After the upgrade and when you move to the new directory structure you will see the correct correspondence. Now, it seems that you are on an old version of the configuration. When was the last time you used CCA? You might need to start from a brand new config after all. We do not support upgrading from the very early releases.

Marcos

I have used CCA yesterday. what version upgrade would you suggest ?

Use latest CCA 2.2.2 and latest Software pack 8.0.1

Marcos

Thanks for the suggestion Marcos. Currently I am using  CCA 2.2.2 and planning to upgrade to the pack 8.0.1

I still have some confusion on the follwoing

when I purchased this UC-520 box most of the configuration was there already like the dial-peers for analog extensions and the VOIP dial peers  for IP phone extensions which starts from 201 -218,  also translation rules were also pre configured.

after the upgrade do I need to perform all these configurations?  or as you said all the existing config will remain same ?

I don't think that you will need to reconfigure. It might be a good idea to do a backup prior to the upgrade.

Marcos

Yes. I took the backup of current config. I will perform the upgrade  and  will update you the results.

Thanks for  your assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: