Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone numbers appear without the first "0"

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configured a UC320W to work with my mediatrix box 4404 and was giving the users a demo of how there phones work, which are mainly SPA504G's.  I have noticed that when a call comes in the numbers on the display are missing the first 0, e.g. if someone calls in from 0131 123 4567 it appears on the phone as 1311234567.  At first I did not see this a real problem as it is just the display, however if you try to use the redial or missed call functions the numbers dont work, due to the missing "0" and I assume the fact that there should be a "9" at the start for an outside line.

I beleive someone has already started a thread about the number of digits in a number, i.e. the fact that the UC320W offers a six digit or eight digit dialing plan, and the uk also has a seven digit, for example we are in edinburgh and the numbers are 0131 xxx xxxx.  I have picked six digits so am not sure if this is possbly the cause of my issues.

If someone could tell me what I need to change I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Tony

4 Replies 4

ajchellew
Level 1
Level 1

+1 and a bump for this issue, I have the same problem where the sip provider doesn't include the 0 at the beginning of the phone number.

For the UC500 the fix is here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/296813 but I'm pretty sure this can't be done on its little brother.

Hoping someone will come up with something.

Tony,

I now have this resolved on my setup for our new office, the SIP provider (Gamma Telecom) were able to put the 0 back onto the incoming phone numbers themselves, Maybe you need to contact your service provider also.

Regards

Tony

the fact that the UC320W offers a six digit or eight digit dialing plan, and the UK also has a seven digit, for example we are in Edinburgh and  the numbers are 0131 xxx xxxx.

In fact, the UK uses 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 digit local numbers.

It uses 2, 3, 4 and 5 digit area codes.

Number length can be 9 or 10 digits, not including any 0 access code or +44 country code digits.

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please see here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-20771

you can add whatever you want to your incoming 'calling ids'

The example shows to add a leading zero.

Cheers

Jo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: