cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone resets in middle of a Phone Call

DesaHonduras
Level 1
Level 1

We have an UC560 with 12 SPA525G2 phones and a AP541 forwireless.

From time to time when we are in the middle of a call the phone soft-reset, and then when the phone is rebooting it can't connect to the AP (it just "hangs" in the connecting to AP screen) and to make it work again i have to remove the power cable...

All was configured using CCA, and wifi works correctly for computers (we have 2 vlans, one for voice and one for data).

I've already tryed changing the phones and the problem still ocurrs...  i've tryed deleting and recreating the user in which ocurrs often the issue and nothing....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Saul,

Have seen and worked with this problem before, basically the phone looses or has low Signal strength during the call and its operating system has a panic attack and then semi reboots, never found a clean work around for this but then again the firmware since this problem has happened has changed a few times.

One of the work around's witch reduced the issue was turning of Bluetooth on the SPA-525G2, this reduced the problem as it may have been interfering with the WiFi component.

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Saul,

Please review the Voice over Wireless Guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/sbcs/deployment_guides/voice_over_wireless/sbcs_20_vowifi_deployment_guide.pdf

This guide provides reference design for SPA525G2 and AP541N, and provides the specific configurations to ensure voice quality over the wireless.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

But if the phone reset (crashes), it is not a matter of voice quality, rather of software quality, that is poor.

OP should update phone firmware, and if still trouble, complain to Cisco until a solution is given.

John, we have followed the guide since the beggining but the phones crash from time to time (like once a week or so).

Paolo, we have upgraded phones to 7.4.9c and the UC560 to 8.6.0 a couple of months ago and the problem is still present.

Hello Saul,

Can you upgrade the phones to 7.5.2?

Thanks,

-john

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Saul,

Have seen and worked with this problem before, basically the phone looses or has low Signal strength during the call and its operating system has a panic attack and then semi reboots, never found a clean work around for this but then again the firmware since this problem has happened has changed a few times.

One of the work around's witch reduced the issue was turning of Bluetooth on the SPA-525G2, this reduced the problem as it may have been interfering with the WiFi component.

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

John, i've tryed with 7.5.2 and the problem persist,

David, the bluetooth is off on those phones so i think is not interfering...

DesaHonduras
Level 1
Level 1

The issue is still ocurring.... yesterday in the middle of an important call, (the CEO was speaking to some investors) the phone reseted itself.

I really need help from Cisco to have this stop from happening, this can't continue...

DesaHonduras
Level 1
Level 1

With 7.5.3 Firmware the issue has stopped in the last month, i will wait a little longer to see if this fixed the situation. (I've also upgraded the AP541 firmware to AP541N-K9-2.0(4) and i think this helped).