cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone will not upgrade to new load

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to upgrade the load for one phone connected to a UC520.  I do not want to load the entire software pack at this time.  I went to phone load management in CCA.  I deleted the current load for that model.  I uploaded the new version from the 8.1 software pack.  I rebooted the phone and it does not upgrade.  It is still has the old load.  Also, I telnetted to the box and removed and created the CNF files.  What am I missing?

3 Replies 3

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

What phone model are you trying to upgrade?

I would check to make sure all of the changes were made correctly.  CCA - Troubleshoot - IOS Exec Commands - Show running-config

Check the load statement under "telephony-service" to make sure it is correct.

Check to make sure there is a "tftp-server" statement for the firmware file.

Show flash

Make sure the new firmware file is loaded into flash.

When I went onsite, I noticed the phone was getting a 192.168.10.x address.  It worked without a problem but it could not access 10.1.1.x.  I plugged it directly into the UC500 and it upgraded.

What type of switch do you have the phones plugged into? Sounds like trunking is not set up properly to allow VLAN100 traffic on that switch.You may want to check the Smart Port Role for the expansion port on the UC and make sure it is set for switch and make sure all vlans are added.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: