cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pick up a page

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, does anyone know if its posible to pick up a page call from one of the paged phones?

for example...

i have an upstairs office and a warehouse below.

one of my office guys pages all phones in the warehouse (setup as a page group).

i would like one of those phones to be able to pick that all up and then have a one on one conversation.

can this be done with CCA 3.1.1 and UC540 8.2?

i have configured the page groups, but they seem very limited in what they can do...just a one-way page with no return voice or ability to pick the page up...

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack
5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Jeremy,

I could be wrong but I do not believe this to be possible, what you are referring to sounds more like "Intercom" services rather than page services, but this required the burning of a button on each extension to make way for the intercom service, but this is a one-to-one service not a broadcast all.

But I could be wrong and someone else might have a better idea than me

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

yes an intercom to a group with the ability for one person to pick up would be the best. we love that feature of our NEC topaz! im surpised my state of the art 'space shuttle' telephone system cant do it!

Hi Jeremy,

You pose an interesting question, I don't have a LAB system anymore since I am leaving my current work place and taking a career change, I cannot work something up in the LAB for you... But... I would like to take a punt in that it might be possible to create a blast group with the intercom extensions in that blast group, something tells me that this could easily be achieved in CLI programming but there is a good chance that CCA will reject this, but in saying that it might not, since I do not have a system to work this up on I am just taking an educated guess.

Good luck

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

ok i will try a blast group

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

hmmm so the intercom cannot go to the blast group, but for now we will just run with a speed dial to the blast group and wait for someone to pickup