cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Placing PSTN calls without dialing acces code (only one extension)

sistemas.sede
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 0 as acces code for my spanish dial plan. I need an extension to be able to place calls without dialing 0, is it possible?. This extension is connected to a credit card reader, which I have no access to the configuration menu. Before installing the UC, the card reader was connected to the PSTN directly, and it does not dial any access code.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Though not exactly what you are looking to do, the following link provides the concepts for making this work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Here's an example:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 // /0/

voice translation-profile 1
translate called 1

dial-peer voice 1 voip
translation-profile incoming 1
answer-address 1234

The above configuration would prefix a 0 on any call originating from extension 1234.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the response. What I need is just append a 0 for the outgoing calls originated from a specific extension. I think your example could work in my scenario, I am going to try it.

Regards!

Hi Brandon,

It didn't work. If I'm right, CME appends a digit after gathering the whole digits. If I start dialing a PSTN number without 0, as soon as the CME doesn't find a pattern in the dial plan it returns the busy tone, as it should be.

What I'm looking for is a way to make a specific extension able to make outbound calls without dialing the access code '0', while the rest of the extensions continue dialing '0'.

Any suggestions?

If PSTN access is FXO then you can try putting "CO_Line" on the phone buttons, which I have found when pressed are on the dial tone of the telephone company, and no access code required.

Unfortunately is a RDSI connection. With a DDI associated.

I haven't tested this, but wondering if you could add a dummy dial peer that would give the call something to match until the translation can be completed such as:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4:1.1.1.1 (dummy IP address)

Theoretically, calls would never hit this dial peer. It would just match the outgoing call initially until the translation profile is applied.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: