Views
Helpful
Replies

portable handset and conference phone for UC320

systemwise
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco,

From what I read online, there is not a portable handset (like a 7921G) or conference speaker phone available for the UC320 system. Can you tell me if the new firmware realease expected soon will include support for any of these device types? If not, Cisco should really consider this as these types of devices are essential for a lot of businesses.

I went to see a potential client yesterday and they were interested in a UC320 but the deal breaker was no support for portable handsets. Missed opertunity unfortunately.

Thanks

Paul.

2 Replies 2

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Paul;

Let me first talk about the current situation: the only alternative is to connect an analog DECT phone to the FXS port. This provides basic wireless functionality. If you want more devices, you may want to have a multi-handset station or have the SPA8800 to handle multiple separate extension numbers. This is not ideal but it is very affordable on the other hand.

On the short term (approx. start of summer) we are working on two wireless solution:

- An IP Dect station with support for up to 10 handsets that could be connected to the UC320W.

- Mobile phone clients for iPhone and Android.

They both provide different level of functionality and price points. As we commit the project and dates, we will make the information available.

Best Regards and thanks for trusting Cisco.

Alberto

Hi Alberto, thanks for the reply. It's good to hear that Cisco are working on a solution for this.

Regards

P

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: