cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to setup Smart CallConnector w/ only the CCA (no CLI Changes)?

invtechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

We have run into a problem with our UC500 setups regarding Smart CallConnector and Office Manager both functioning with the same UC500.  It appears that Office Manager will only work if the UC500 configuration is 100% CCA.  For most of the phone feature setup this is not a problem, but when we setup the CallConnector Server it seems to modify the code in the UC500 outside the scope of the CCA.  This would typically not be an issue except that is seems to "break" Office Manager.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to avoid this?

Does anyone know if Office Manager will be updated to work with (at least some) CLI changes?

The only thing that we actively did in our CallConnector setup was the SETUP RADIUS secution in the CallConnector Configuration Manager.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am sorry to see no one from Cisco responded :-(

have you tried a direct mail to cs-callconnectore@external.cisco.com?

If you get a response that way, can you please come back and post here too.

This is a BIG issue in my opinion, if SCC Configuration utility doesnt play nice with OM or CCA.

I would like to know for myself too.

Steve

invtechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

I have not emailed the team directly yet... for me the issue is really with Office Manager and its inability to work with CLI changes.  Outside of SCC I can see many times when we might have to make a change outside of the CCA and since this will cause Office Manager to break we have decided to not even demo the product.

It is a shame that we cannot get Office Manager to work properly with a couple of small CLI changes.  OM gave us a great way to compete with ShoreTel when it comes to ease of administration on the client's end.

For now we are going to wait & hope that OM will be updated so that this will not longer be such a large issue.  With a standard CCA setup OM is an AWESOME product and a great way to compete with ShoreTel!