cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prevent users from having to dial area code for out of market numbers...

Help Desk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

The situation:

UC560 in corporate office with 525G2's connected via MPLS in another location outside of the local dialing area.  The numbers were ported into the PRI's at the corporate office.  These are in a different area codes.  I want these  remote users to be able to dial local numbers in their area code without having to dial the area code first.  I know this is probably simple, but I'd like to ask the masses before I close my eyes and press some buttons.

Thanks in advance,

HelpDesk

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Although this sounds like an easy option to put in, it is not.  The only way that I can think of is to implement COR (Class of Restriction) lists, for each of the different area codes, and then assigned those users/phones to that COR list.  The reason for this is that just adding a dial-peer for the specific area code would effect all phones globally.  Which is why a COR list is needed to be able to specify which users can use which dial-peers.  This cannot be done in CCA, so CLI would be required.  Maybe I am overthinking this, and if anyone else has a better solution, please add your input.

PS.  Depending on the number of different locations/area codes, one other option would be to use a different prefix/leading digit.  Example: Users at main office use a 9, then the number to dial out.  Users at other location use an 8, then the number.  This would keep users from using the wrong set of dial-peers also.

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can confogure voice translation-profile and rule under ephone-dn to manipulate the dailer dumbers

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Help Desk,

If the local numbers that the remote user (Or local I guess you can call them), do not clash with the dial-peers currently in play, then why not just use CCA to do one general catch-all dial-peer for that local destination, maybe even give it a different access code instead of "9" give it "8" or "0" for the line out, this way the dial-peer matching would be more accurate... Just a though

CCA can do the above, you just need to be absolutely sure that what you do will not collide with what is already in place and prevent outbound calling to certain number ranges.

Anyway its just a thought, have done this before but every country is different and number ranges used are also different in other countries as well.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

3 Replies 3

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Although this sounds like an easy option to put in, it is not.  The only way that I can think of is to implement COR (Class of Restriction) lists, for each of the different area codes, and then assigned those users/phones to that COR list.  The reason for this is that just adding a dial-peer for the specific area code would effect all phones globally.  Which is why a COR list is needed to be able to specify which users can use which dial-peers.  This cannot be done in CCA, so CLI would be required.  Maybe I am overthinking this, and if anyone else has a better solution, please add your input.

PS.  Depending on the number of different locations/area codes, one other option would be to use a different prefix/leading digit.  Example: Users at main office use a 9, then the number to dial out.  Users at other location use an 8, then the number.  This would keep users from using the wrong set of dial-peers also.

Thank you,

Darren

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can confogure voice translation-profile and rule under ephone-dn to manipulate the dailer dumbers

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Help Desk,

If the local numbers that the remote user (Or local I guess you can call them), do not clash with the dial-peers currently in play, then why not just use CCA to do one general catch-all dial-peer for that local destination, maybe even give it a different access code instead of "9" give it "8" or "0" for the line out, this way the dial-peer matching would be more accurate... Just a though

CCA can do the above, you just need to be absolutely sure that what you do will not collide with what is already in place and prevent outbound calling to certain number ranges.

Anyway its just a thought, have done this before but every country is different and number ranges used are also different in other countries as well.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *