cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI Setup

murtazashikarii
Level 1
Level 1

I have a standard 16U-4FXO UC520 and i am getting a PRI line from AT&T. Is there some documentation for setting this up as well configuring the UC with PRI?

20 Replies 20

Verified with engineering - this is a known issue. Can you use UC 520 Early Adopter Software Pack 7.1.3? This bundles IOS image 12.4(22)YB4 that has the fix. You can download it from https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9829.

HTH,
Saurabh

murtazashikarii
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Saurabh. I will upgrade it the YB4 s/w pack and let you know if it got fixed.

However, i am still unable to locate that T1 selection under voice? When i first login, i am asked to initialize the voice system and i selected PBX and entered the desired voicemail extension. But i can't seem to find that screen which asks me to configure PRI ?

Also, does the above need to be done even after the s/w configuration of the card?

I believe the new IOS allows the system to recognize the VIC.  When it is recognized, it will (should) appear.

That's correct, the older IOS does not recognize the T1/E1 vwic card. Because of this, CCA does not detect it on the system and hence does not display the configuration option. The T1/E1 configuration option will appear only if the system is able to properly detect the card. My suggestion would be to first upgrade the system to the 7.1.3-ea software pack and then try to configure the T1/E1 card.

HTH,

Saurabh

I hope i can word this right....

I was wondering if i could configure the T1 line as a sip trunk for the internet connection on the box which is also configured to receive the PRI line. The reason behind this is at the numbers won't be ported for a week and i was wondering if i could make use of an existing sip trunk connection for the same. So i will still have the interface card and the system is configured to receive a T1... however was wondering if it was possible to have the network set up for sip and have that functional in the meanwhile?

Not sure if you are thinking about configuring these as data trunks (for carrying SIP traffic). UC 500 supports T1/E1 as Voice only trunks (PRI, CAS, etc). You cannot configure these as data T1s.

You can still setup the UC 500 with SIP providers. You could have data connectivity through the WAN (fastethernet) interface and run the SIP trunk on top of that.

Let me know if that answers your question.

-Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: