Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem when sending CANCEL before 180 Ringing is received

We're experiencing a problem with Cisco SPA504 and SPA525, which causes SPA phones to keep ringing, when a call is initiated and cancelled directly after. The problem is described in the SIP flow chart below, one working flow and one which causes problems.

cisco-sip-flow.png

Whenever a CANCEL request is dispatched before a "180 Ringing" respond, the phone respond with a "481 Call Legg/Transation Does Not Exist". And even though the PBX resends the CANCEL request after the "180 Ringing", it still get the reply "481 Call Legg/Transation Does Not Exist".

According to the SIP RFC, I understand that, a dialog can be cancelled after the first informational response (1xx), which obviously isn't the case for Cisco SPA phones.

We're running firmware 7.5.1a. I know there are newer versions, but we have not seen anything regarding this in the change logs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Stephan,

This issue was recently addressed via

CDET CSCty82148    SPA51x:UUT is still ringing if the caller cancel the call in a short.

There is a beta firmware available. I will publish it for your CDC ID.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shilpa

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, it seems to be firmware bug. If you wish a Cisco employee will catch your report, then you should report it for latest firmware. Even in such case, your chances are not so high. But with bug report related to 7.5.1a, your chances are void ...

So many changes are not mentioned in Release Notes ...

Just my $0.02 ...

I've now reproduced the problem with a 7.5.5 firmware. I've also reported the situation to Cisco Engineers.

A case has been created, and I'm waiting for feedback regarding the solution.

I'll keep this thread updated.

Is there some "reason header" in your CANCEL message?

I had a similar issue with don't stop ringing of SPA504. In my case the issue was caused from proprietary Microsoft reason header contained in SIP messages.

My suggestion is upgrade the firmware, test the scenario again and open a case to the STAC.

Regards.

Yes, there is a reason header present in the cancel request. The reason header is, however, correct according to the SIP RFC. We use kamailio for SIP routing, not proprietary software.

To be certain, I reproduced the error, while having all reason headers removed, and the same problem occured.

We have retried the scenario with newest firmare (7.5.5), and the problem persist. I have also opened a case to the STAC as you suggested!

Thanks for you suggestion and feedback!

Hello Stephan,

This issue was recently addressed via

CDET CSCty82148    SPA51x:UUT is still ringing if the caller cancel the call in a short.

There is a beta firmware available. I will publish it for your CDC ID.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shilpa

Thank you for your feedback.

I do not have the correct permission to view the bug.

I'll try the firmware out immediately, once I get it.

Thank you.

Any progress ?

Hi Dan,

This CDET is already resolved. The fix will be available in up and coming GA 7.5.6 (tentatively scheduled to release in mid June). If you need an immediate fix for this issue, there is a beta firmware available with the fix for this issue. 

Yes, I'm interested.

Thank you.

Hi Dan,

Can you please open a case with STAC and include this forum thread. 

Note the issue has been reported again, even with 7.5.6 and 7.5.6a firmware. So it seems NOT to be solved. See SPA504G - Endless Ringing for more.

I ran a test with 7.5.6a, and the issue is still there, yes.

I forgot to update this thread last time, but the bugfix we got from Cisco, which was based on 7.5.5, was working as intended.

Here to agree with Dan, we are still seeing this issue. If possible, can the beta firmware please be made available to us as well?

Thanks

Follow this advice although I wish you should refer rather to CDET CSCty82148 than to this thread.

By the way, it would be nice if someone will report the regression of CDET CSCty82148 to SMB TAC. Unfortunately, I'm unable to do it by self as they don't accept written reports and I can't speak online with them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: