Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with inbound sip limitation with blast groups

I am setting up inbound calling on my SIP trunk. I have run into a problem with inbound sip limitation with blast groups. If I have a certain number of users (more than 8), the initial blast group just rings and goes nowhere. I have confirmed this with Cisco support, but I am guessing that there is a workaround or trick to do what I need to. Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is a CLI fix for this problem, but I've seen this resolve this issue when a "generic SIP trunk provider" is programmed in CCA.  Put this in your incoming dial-peers for the SIP trunk:

dial-peer voice XXXX voip
   voice-class sip rel1xx disable

Adam Compton

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

I have a similar setup but I have 10 phones and they all work as expected.  Is this similar to what you have setup?

Similar yes, but not exactly. I have blast groups with 15-18 phones. Is your phone system working on a SIP trunk? Do you know of any hard limitations with blast groups on a SIP trunk? If so, can you find a way to work around it?

Yes, I am using SIP for all incoming calls.   There are no hard limits based on blast or hunt groups.  Have you tried to point that SIP DID to a single extension as a test to troubleshoot?

This is a CLI fix for this problem, but I've seen this resolve this issue when a "generic SIP trunk provider" is programmed in CCA.  Put this in your incoming dial-peers for the SIP trunk:

dial-peer voice XXXX voip
   voice-class sip rel1xx disable

Adam Compton