Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with SPA525G2 and EHS

mdube
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

So we have a client with SPA525G2 phones and he wanted to have a wireless headset on a few of them.

I got the Plantronics CS510 headset along with the APC-45 which is required for the EHS feature.

Now, the problem we are running into is that they simply can't take a call through the headset, nor can they hang up the call with it.

Pressing the button on the headset will simply "connect/disconnect" the headset from the phone, without having an impact on the call, weither they are on a call and want to hang up, or answer.

I have attached a few pics of this, hopefully it will help understand my problem...

ButtonPressedOff is of course when phone is idle, and headset is off

ButtonPressedOn is when I press the On button on the Headset, you can see that the communication between the phone and headset is working

ReceivingCallButtonPressedOn is when I receive a call, press the On button on the Headset, but cannot hear anything in the headset, because the call is still not answered

OnCallByPressingAnswerOnPhone is when I am on line, hear the other party through the headset, BUT had to press the answer button on the phone to actually take the call.

CallStillOnEvenWhenPressingButtonOff is when I want to hang up with the headset. I press button off, the headset disconnects from the phone, but the other party is still online and hears nothing, I still have to hang up manually from the phone.

I've ran "service phone ehookEnable 1" and recreated cnf files too, without any success.

And SPA525G2 are up to date, firmware 7.5.2a and UC560 is running on the latest 8.6.0

Thank you for your help!

Mathieu

16 Replies 16

Yeah, here's the specs of the two systems with wireless headsets

Not working :

UC520

Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.1(2)T4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(11r)XW3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

SPA525G2 phone firmware : 7.5.2a

Working :

UC560

Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.1(2)T4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.0(1r)XA3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

SPA525G phone firmware : 7.5.1

I have a CS540A on Cisco 7942 IP phones off UC560  and it doesn't work either.

Can someone from Cisco confirm this is a bug on Cisco 7942  too ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: