cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems With MoH

C. S.
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to setup the MoH on our UC520. I have plugged in an ipod into the audio port on the unit and within CCA going to Telephony > Voice Features > MoH, I click on the audio file drop down and the only option is None.

Checking the hold feature on the phones connected, there is no sound.

So I tried loading the default music-on-hold.au files from the Maintenance > File Management section, I can see both default files in the Media folder of the flash but it will not give the option within the Voice Features > MoH. I have also tried uploading a custom 8 bit 8Khz .au file but when I do it is giving a message saying "The file already exists in the destination folder do you want to overwrite". (See attached photo)

Is there something I'm missing or is there a way I can upload a different way or just get the defaults to show within the CCA MoH options?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please ensure that the default .au files are under flash:media as CCA by default looks for the files on the same location. As per the screen shot you shared , currently the media folder containing the au files is under flash:UC520-Support-Files-8.6.0. Please move the folder to flash:

Refer the attached screen shot captured from my PC.

Then follow the steps:

Relaunch CCA-->Go to MOH GUI--> You will see both files listed on the drop down.

--> Select anyone of the files  --> Select Enable external music on hold port option and Apply.

Again if you are seeing the same issue, please share the CCA File Management screen shot, UC running config and show flash output.

Thanks,

Karuppaiyan

Message was edited by: Karuppaiyan Subashchandrabose

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dthamilv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

From the pic in the attachment I could see problem in the naming of the folder.

Try renaming MEDIA as media.

Also few other folders in the flash  CCA , GUI is also changed into uppercase try renaming into lowercase  cca and gui .

Hope this resolves the issue...

Regards,

Deepika

Deepika,

Thanks for the response.

I have done as you suggested (Attached photo) but still no good. I have not restarted the unit after I have made the changes, would that make a difference?

Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam

Hello Adam,

It is very likely that you need to reload the UC if you have connected external device to the port.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Alex,

If by "reload the UC" you mean to restart it, I have restarted the UC520 with the ipod connected to the port and turned on and playing music.

I still have no options in the MoH panel in CCA and still no audio playing from ipod. I am also still not able to upload my custom .au file to the "media" folder from the File Management section.

Is there something else I need to enable or change for this to work?

Thanks,

Adam

Please ensure that the default .au files are under flash:media as CCA by default looks for the files on the same location. As per the screen shot you shared , currently the media folder containing the au files is under flash:UC520-Support-Files-8.6.0. Please move the folder to flash:

Refer the attached screen shot captured from my PC.

Then follow the steps:

Relaunch CCA-->Go to MOH GUI--> You will see both files listed on the drop down.

--> Select anyone of the files  --> Select Enable external music on hold port option and Apply.

Again if you are seeing the same issue, please share the CCA File Management screen shot, UC running config and show flash output.

Thanks,

Karuppaiyan

Message was edited by: Karuppaiyan Subashchandrabose