cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with UC520 voicemail, auto-attendant, and incoming SIP calls

tamergabermd
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently installed a UC520 to use for phones and internet in our office.  From the time of the installation I have had the following problem with the Auto-Attendant: cannot configure through CCA due to java null pointer error (Error: Auto Attendant java.lang.NullPointerException).  When I use the CCA to setup the auto-attendant, I receive that error every time so can not turn it on or configure it. 

Additionally, I have recently configured the device for use with SIP service from nexVortex.  I used the CCA to do the configuration. Outgoing calls are working as expected.  However, I am having the following problems:

Voice Mail not working - I am unable to access the voicemail system (extension 500) from anywhere, internally or externally.  The phone rings busy instead of connecting to voicemail.  I have made no changes to the voicemail setup since adding the SIP configuration, and everything was working with the voicemail prior to that.

Incoming calls through SIP not working - I am unable to receive any calls from the external numbers configured through nexVortex (the SIP provider).  Calls to the numbers I have configured ring busy.

I am at this point completely at a loss as to how to proceed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can send my show run output if that would help, or please let me know anything else I could attach that might help someone to help me with my issues.

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

Hello.

My input is

1. Java error - no idea

2. voicemail - when sip trunks are configured,  CCA configures a global outbound proxy to that of the service provider. We need to make sure calls destined to the CUE module don't get sent to the Service provider.

Look for the Dial-peer that goes to CUE and if there is no outbound proxy configured on the dial-peer, it could be that the global one has taken over. If this is the case you can fix by issuing the command on the dial-peer - no voice-class sip outbound-proxy - (or set the outbound proxy to be CUE )

3. It's likely that CCA hasn't configured the router properly to accept incoming calls from the SP. I wrote about how this is done here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3395904#3395904

Adam

Adam,

Thank you for the input.  Do you know if there is a way for me to use CCA to look at/modify the dial-peer for CUE?  I am very much a novice (and that's being polite) with using the CLI and don't yet really understand the dial-peer thing.   If there isn't a way to do it with the CCA, is there some easy guide that you know of that might help me understand what steps to take in the CLI?  

I am reading your linked message for point #3 after posting this.  Thanks again for your help.

I found the voice-peer entry in the config and made the change you suggested; however, I am still unable to reach the voicemail.  Here's that section of the config:

!

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

description ** cue voicemail pilot number **

destination-pattern 500

b2bua

no voice-class sip outbound-proxy

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.10.1

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Any other thoughts?

Update - I finally got an external call to go through after much mucking around with the configuration.  Here are the commands that finally did it:

config t

no voice source-group CCA_SIP_SOURCE_GROUP_CUE_CME
no voice source-group CCA_SIP_SOURCE_GROUP_EXTERNAL

Found that solution on uc500.com.  Prior to that I made some other tweaks which may or may not have contributed to the solution.

Still don't think voicemail's working (though I'm not in the office to test.)

Still can't configure auto-attendant.

Removing the source groups isn't a solution, you've just removed a security feature.

"

2. Voice Source groups. Source groups were intended to group together  VoIP sources and treat the calls differently on arrival as configured.  The trick used by CCA is that if you're souce IP (The SP) isn't  contained within a source group then it's invalid, so the call is  dumped. With a SIP call the unit will respond back to the source with a  500.

"

So what you should have done was amend the access list and add in the IP address/s of your SP;

Maybe the CUE module's gone off line, try querying it for the status.

If you're still struggling, please debug ccsip messages and capture the output when sending a call to voicemail, firstly from the internal phone..

thanks

I added all of the IP addresses I knew about and that didn't fix it.  Based on other comments from others it appears that NexVortex uses a lot of them.  Any ideas on how best to get a complete list? 

How would I query the CUE module for the status?  I am currently trying to figure out how to upgrade the cue software as it's still running what came on the box.  If that doesn't fix the voicemail problem I'll come back and capture the debug output.  Thanks.

Tamer,

The best way to get all of the IP addresses would be to request this from the SIP provider.  The only other way would be to setup a debug to log the calls, and get the IP's from the failed attempts.

To get the CUE version, you can do this in CCA under "Troubleshoot" - CUE Diagnostics.

With CLI: UC560#ser int 0/0 status

The latest software pack is 8.1.0.  This includes CUE 8.0.3.

Thank you,

Darren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: