Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning Personal Directory on SPA502G

aliullah1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to provision personal directory on the SPA502G using the spa$mac.xml file.  I am able to configure this through the web interface on each phone but I would like to have the same personal directory configured on all our phones.  When I check the individual phone's xml file I see nothing in regards to personal directory configuration.  We are running Asterisk here by the way.

So I would like to know is this even possible to do for this phone model?  If so how would I proceed?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can't modify local personal directory using provisioning.

You can use XML directory ([ Phone ] tab, XML Directory Service Name and XML Directory Service URL) to maintain central directory on all phones. Or you can use LDAP (same tab) for same purpose.

If you still wish to modify local personal directory, you need to send the same POST http request as sent by casual browser during edit of personal directory. It can be done by script.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your's firmware is recent enough, read Configuring Personal Address Book.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: