cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pulsing static on an E1 (UC560)

nathan.a.reeves
Level 1
Level 1

Noticed an issue with a customers UC560 where when there is silence on the line (eg both parties don't speak) where you get this pulsing static (best way I can describe it).  Phones in use are 525G units running 7.4.6.  UC560 is running the 8.0.4 support pack.  Interface with the PSTN network is via a 20 Channel E1.

Anyone had anything similar?  I've quizzed internally at work and the one suggestion i've had is to upgrade the phone firmware.  The engineer had seen a similar issue on a 79XX series phone and an upgrade fixed the issue.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Send "show network-clocks".

Network Clock Configuration
  ---------------------------
  Priority      Clock Source    Clock State     Clock Type

1          E1 0/2/0        GOOD            E1
     7          Backplane       GOOD            PLL

Current Primary Clock Source
  ---------------------------
  Priority      Clock Source    Clock State     Clock Type

1          E1 0/2/0        GOOD            E1

There is also no clock slips shown in the sh controller E1.

Thanks

Nathan

Wondering if after the E1, how does the call route and is it VoIP at any leg.

Then i was thinking VAD or silence suppression.

Then I found this...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a9982.shtml

Steve

Ended up trying out firmware version 7-4-7 which is the latest avail for the 525G.  This appears to have fixed the issue.  I'm upgrading the clients phones tonight to bring them up to the new version of code and going to see how things are on Monday.  I've been to site today and the test phones I upgraded appeared to have the issue resolved on the new version of code.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: