Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS Issue?

danielwiebe
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning

I was hoping for some assistance on a possible QOS issue I'm having with a customer system.

SPECS: UC320 latest release firmware

SWITCH SF302-08P 

SPA504g sets

The 320 is connected to one of the gigabit uplink ports on the SF302-08P switch. All phones have PC's attached to them.

The users are complaining of echo/jitter. I've logged into the phones they say are the worst and they show 0ms jitter and 0ms echo.

I've played with the QOS settings on the switch but haven't had any luck.

Does anyone have any ideas or possible settings changes that might resolve this? I'm thinking it may be the switch but that's just a guess.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

What type of phone service is your UC320 connected to?

Is the echo/jitter happening on internal calls as well as external calls?

Its a 4 line POTS rotary. Yes it happend internal and external.

Thanks!

One more question.  Is the far end on external calls hearing the echo/jitter or just internal?

Good question.

Most of the time outside people can't hear the issue but it has happened. I've made a ton of test calls but it doesn't happen often enough for me to hear it so I have to go on what they are telling me. It's also why I'm thinking QOS because I'm not using their PC while I'm on a call.

Internally it's both ends.

Hi Daniel,

This is not expected, especially on SPA phone to SPA phone calls.  Is your switch running the latest firmware with the Auto Voice features enables (upgrade and factory default to the latest firmware to auto enable).  Are your phones on the voice subnet (default is 10.x.x.x network)?

If the problem is just on calls over the FXOs, then suggest running the Impedance Matching tool for each port.  This is found on the FXO page of the UC320W Configuration Utility.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Chris. I'm on the latest firmware for the switch. I'll try factory defaulting it and see if that makes a difference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: