Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS over WAN with ToS/DSCP?

m.junghage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our SP's has Type of Service prioritizing on their shdsl connections which we use for SIP-trunks and now we're experiencing lot's of out of sync packets and packet loss in our calls. According to the provider the UC500 is taging the packets with ToS 128/DSCP32 and ToS 160/DSCP40 when the SP want's ToS 184/DSCP46 for it to be prioritized correctly.

How do I set these values on the UC500? I've read the docs about QoS on the UC500 alltough I can't see a reference to this?QoS on a UC500

4 Replies 4

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Which SIP trunk provider are you using? This should have been set on the SIP trunk template.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto,

It's a Swedish provider called Size Mobile so no luck on the template . It would be great to have one though!

Best regards

Markus

Hi Marcus;

Please see the link https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9685 and provide me with the info, plus the QoS settings required for media and signalling (please specify those in diffserv per hop behavior code, e.g. cs5, af, etc to avoid missunderstanding). I will them create the xml template, so that you can test it. If it goes well, I will publish it on this community.

You can send me this info on a private message or to amontill at cisco dot com.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto,

I've sent you an email with the template answers.

Best regards

Markus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: