Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QuesCom GSM gateway integration.

I've read the technical document outlining the integration between the UC500 and the QuesCom 200 gateway, but I have a client interested in using more than 2 GSM channels at a time. The QuesCom 300 seems sufficient, but I just want to verify that is a supported configuration. I imagine the solution would also integrate with the ISRs, but is this also a supported configuration?

Thanks,

Cole

6 Replies 6

Yes, this is supported. The document was written for the QuesCom 200, but it should work for any one of the gateways in their portfolio. I am updating the doc in a week or two to reflect the changes needed to get inbound calls working.

Good luck!

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the quick response. Do inbound calls work at all with the existing products available and the process just isn't documented?

Cole

It works, but the process is not documented in the application note I wrote. It is documented by QuesCom and they will give you access to a paper describing a couple of ways to do it. I decided against adding this originally, because it requires you to either telnet to the gateway and type some CLI, or installing a plugin that runs within the Microsoft Management Console. Both seemed a little involved and beyond the scope of a document (mine) where I was trying to deal with the most typical deployment cases.

Thanks,

Marcos

Understandable. Thanks for the info. I totally overlooked that part.

Marcos,

How would I go about handling more than 2 simultaneous inbound calls to a single pilot number? 

I spoke with some cellular carriers and the feeling that I got from all the conversations was that there was no mechanism to hunt through cellular circuits. Do you know if this is common?  Is there a workaround we could use like a 3rd party call routing service to handling the hunting?

Thanks,

Cole

I honestly don't know if this is possible or not. Sorry!

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: