cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on supported features on SPA5xx phones

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

I have not been successful in finding the exact answers to my questions about the SPA5xx phones and certain features.

1) Does the SPA525 support extension mobility ?

2) Does the SPA504 and SPA508 support extension mobility?

3) Do the answers to #1 and #2 change if I say it's on a UC520, UC540, or UC560 running on a SIP circuit?

4) Do any SPA5XX handsets support Octo lines yet?   If not, is that on the road map?

5) When will the firmware on a SPA525 resolve the EditDIal cursor issue? ( cursor at end of call logs phone number instead of at front)

Thank you !

Stacy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

1) Yes, in the 8.0 software pack.

2) Yes, in the 8.0 software pack.

3) No changes if we are using SIP.

4) They do not support octo-lines.  I will check the roadmap to see if it is on the roadmap for these phones.

5) I will look at the edit dial as well.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

1) Yes, in the 8.0 software pack.

2) Yes, in the 8.0 software pack.

3) No changes if we are using SIP.

4) They do not support octo-lines.  I will check the roadmap to see if it is on the roadmap for these phones.

5) I will look at the edit dial as well.

To clarify- the 8.0 software pack for both Classic UC520 and/or Pro UC540 & 560 ?

Correct, it is the 15.0.1XA that had support for EM with these phones.

Also, edit dial is fixed in the 7.4.3 firmware.

Is Octo-lines in the road map?

Sure would be nicer that adding additional extensions to the phone to be able to receive more than 1 call at a time.

The answer to the question about octo-lines on current SPA5xx modeles can be found at https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3143577#3143577.

I am not sure whether or not the new SPA5xx phones will support octo-lines, but I believe that this is a real must have feature for new SCCP and SPCP phones that are supported on the SBCS solution.

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

I have noticed that there are some major changes made in Cisco Unified CME 8.5. CME 8.5 has the button-layout command that allows you to determine what buttons on the phone will be line buttons, what buttons on the phone will be speed dial buttons, etc. CME 8.5 also allows the extra buttons on IP phones to be assigned to XML application URLs. Will either of these features be available on SPA500 series phones, or will these features be limited to the 6900 and 7900 series phones?

Just to clarify the next software pack for the UC500 will include CME 8.1.  I'm sure 8.5 will be on the UC500 sometime in the future, but it is not on any published roadmap.  Here is the document with the software roadmap:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9827

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: