cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: Caller ID issues - Mexico

calvaradobcm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alberto i'm having similar issues with caller ID here in mexico, my telephone provider is Telmex and i can figure out the way to get the called Id working. Can you help me with this? I have selected european Fsk in the spa400 and in some calls the caller id is shown correctly but in some others it shows anonymous. The reason i selected FSK method instead of North American is because the default method never worked. I have the firmware 6.1.5 in the spa9000 and 1.1.22 in the spa400.

I hope you can help me if you need any additional information just ask me, thanks in advance.

Carlos Alvarado.

9 Replies 9

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carlos,

This thread was originally located in the sub-community for Australia, so it is not surprising that no-one was able to offer help for Mexico.  I've had the thread moved to the main SPA9000/SPA400 community, and will see if I can get someone familiar with the Mexican environment to look at your question.

Cheers,

Dave.

Dear Carlos;

Not sure I replied to you by another means but please try the latest beta attached. Please let me know.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto thanks for the beta firmware i had try it on the spa400 and set the parameters to match the ones for mexico as listed on the https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-7414 - SPA400 Caller ID Localization Configuration, but i still cant get the caller ID somethimes it is shown, sometimes not, so i dont know what else i can do. This is important for me because is a solution that i would like to offer  to my clients here in mexico, but with this problem i cant do it at this time.

I aprecciate any help you can give me. If you need additional information please tell me.

Regards,

Carlos Alvarado.

Dear Carlos;

Could you please double check in another PSTN line? It is not uncommon that PSTN delivers the CID unreliably.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto, yes i've already have checked in another PSTN lines, i had also take the voice system to another locations with different lines to check this, but got the same results. I'm attaching you a print screen of my Voice Tab Settings on ths SPA400, maybe you can recognize some wrong parameters in my config. Also some of your partners are helping me with this subject on this Thread: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/35358#35358 . Maybe it would be easy for you can feedback in there.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Carlos Alvarado.

Hi Carlos, I wonder if you were able to fix it.  Im experiencing same issue than you.  Some times it works and sometimed it dos not. Best Regards

Hi, sorry for the delay in the answer, but i haven't found a solution for this, it would be a good idea to just keep this thread commented time on time and hope the CIsco Team help us with a new firmware or settings.

If you have some ideas or need info just let me know.

Cheers,

Carlos Alvarado.

Dear Sir;

Try using Bellcore caller ID type (North America). I'll have a colleague to have a look at it.

Regards
Alberto

Hi, Alberto do you have news with this problem?  Are you working in a fix for the caller id in mexico? I would like to keep this threat alive, because is a very important matter for my business.

Cheers

Carlos Alvarado.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: