cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recognizing 7942 on UC520

John Gawf
Level 1
Level 1

I'm managing a UC520 and have new 7942 to attach.  Currently there are 7940s attached.  When I bring up a phone and in CCA it shows the phone, but when I go to configure it, it doesn't recognize the 7942.  What do I need to do to get CCA to recognize the 7942?

6 Replies 6

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

John,

Not exactly sure what you mean when you say "it shows the phone", but cannot configure it...

When you open CCA "users and extensions" is the phone listed, with "(no info)" for the username, password and other info??   If so, click on that phone to configure.   Also make sure there is not another phone configured with the same MAC address.    What version of CCA are you using?

Thank you,

Darren

Darren,

The phone registers, but when I go into CCA (v3.0(1)) under Users & Phones the type shows to be a 7942, but when I select the phone the dialog for the phone type is grayed and I cannot select 7942.

I have loaded, via tftp, the 7942 files from the tar ball from software downloads and set up the telephony-service and tftp-load statements.

This is the first 7942 on the system.  I'm looking for instruction on getting the UC520 to recognize the new 7942's and what files and commands do I have to do to get the phone to register and let me configure it.

John,

The only things that are needed to get the 7942 phones to register:

Files need to be loaded into flash.

TFTP-Server statement with alias.

Load statement under telephony-service.

Since you are using CCA, I would suggest that you use CCA to load the phone firmware, which will also put in all the needed commands.  Just goto "Maintanance" > "Phone Load Management", and then click the "Upload phone loads" tab.  Then you just need to browse to the Software Pack, and choose the 7942 phone.   (If the 7942 is not listed, go back and remove the 7942 phone loads first.)

Thank you,

Darren

Darren,

The phone loads are correct and the phone took them and upgraded to them.

The phone is registered according to 'show ephone registered', but no name appears and I can't make outgoing calls.

John,

Did you go into -  Configure > Telephony > Users and Extensions > Users and Phones...

Click on the phone and choose edit.

Give it a user on the right hand side.

Click on line 1, and then choose "normal" for the line type, and give it an extension, label, and description.

Also check the voicemail box if you want that user to have voicemail.

If you have done those things, and it is still not working, I would suggest that you just give support a call to get this figured out.  (1-866-606-1866)

Thank you,

Darren

Darren,

Did all that.   I'm opening a case with TAC since its a UC520, but need to get a support contract first.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: