cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recovery without password

Cavallaro.1998
Level 1
Level 1

hello , I bought a cisco ip phone SPA504G already used by ANATEL and the administrator password is setted, how do I'll reset all settings without an administrator password ?

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Reset it to factory default, if possible. If impossible, just because even reset to factory default require password, then ask password from seller or return unusable device to them.

Devices intentionally locked not to be reconfigured by unauthorized person (e.g. person knowing no password) cant be recovered. It's valuable feature of such model, not the bug.

shusarka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Calallaro,

You can check this document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpipp/ip_phones/user/guide/50X_sip_user_guide_source/500_SIP_user.pdf

Page 62 has some numbers to dial to reset. You can select the correct option and then try. If that works you are good and follow the other features of the phone based on the numbers to dial to configure same, if that doesn't work; then I would second that on what Dan said, you need to get in touch with ANATEL.

Sincerely,

Shubhamoy

Wrong advice. IVR and codes works for SPA501G (as claimed properly i User's guide in question). It doesn't work on SPA504G at all.

Reset to factory default needs to be selected from SPA504G's menu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: