Views
Helpful
Replies

Region Pack Patch

raquiros
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings Everyone,,

A weeks ago I purchased a couple of Cisco UC320W and some SPA phones to play around and do some testing with them...

I'm located in San Jose, Costa Rica... So far I've had a GREAT experience with the UC320W.... At first I was VERY concerned due to the fact that there were no Region Pack for Costa Rica, and the answers on my local Cisco Sales Office were that we could send a Region Pack request but it will take months if not years to have it released... so I decided to see what I can do by my own...

I tried all every single Region Packs available for the UC320W, until I got to the "Chile Region Pack".... I gotta say it is a truly coincidence the fact that this Region Pack matches EXACTLY the Costa Rica Dial Plan (as far as the dialing experience)... every single combination of phone numbers you can try will work... (Mobile, Land, Services, Emergency and so...) In fact, because of this I already deployed both UC320Ws... One in my Small Office and one at my Home... I gotta say they had been working GREAT for the last two weeks...

There's only one SMALL inconveniente with this two deployments I have, and is the fact that I'm not able to dial international calls.... Apparently in Chile you use a prefix depending on the carrier you want... while in Costa Rica all the international calls goes out with "00".

So if I can have the Chile Region Pack with the "patch" to make international calls with 00 instead of the carrier prefix I will be so glad.. That way I can continue using my Office and Home UC320W with no problem at all...

I really trust Cisco can help me with this very specific and simple issue... For what I've seen I just need the patched .RP file and upload it to the Cisco UC320.

Please help us with is and thanks in advance!

-Rafael Quirós

Rafael Quiros iSynerG
6 Replies 6

raquiros
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco, any updates please?

Rafael Quiros
iSynerG

Rafael Quiros iSynerG

Rafael,

The current priority for UC320W is to focus only on the existing countries and we will not be adding any more countries. Unfortunately, country pack for Costa Rica will not be available / supported.

Regards,

Nitin.

Nitin

Thank you for the response...

I understand there won't be any new Region Pack soon.... I'm just asking if you can send me the Chile Region Pack patched to dial International Calls with "00"

The Chile Region Pack works just great with my UC320s, I just can't place international calls... if you can send it I will be glad to have both UCs working...

Thanks in advance,

Rafael Quiros
iSynerG

Rafael Quiros iSynerG

Any updates on this please?

Rafael Quiros
iSynerG

Rafael Quiros iSynerG

Rafael,

Unfortunately we will not be able to provide any patch for countries that are not in supported list.

Regards,

Nitin.

Your policy concerning Region Packs is restricting free use of UC300 series devices and reducing sales.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: