Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Register SPA502G phone using DDNS service

Hello, 

I have Cisco SPA502G IP phone in different branch. I'm trying to register the phone to my third party PBX system by using company DDNS. The Cisco phone and the PBX located in different locations and different network. 

I already setup the extension in the PBX and activated the NAT option and the remote extension from the PBX, Now i'm stuck with configuring the IP phone from the phone page i don't know actually where i should mention the DDNS configurations and what options i should activate and also to be honest i don't know if my Cisco SPA502G has the feature to be registered remotely by using the DDNS or i should only register the phone inside the same network using the LAN. 

Sorry for the long explanation . 

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SPA5xx supports no DDNS.

But I'm unsure whats the DDNS is good for here. Phone needs to register as extension of PBX. Once registered, PBX knows it's address so it can contact it. There's no DDNS required.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: