Helpful
Replies

Registering SIP and SCCP phones through the internet

giorgos78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have 2 questions to ask pls

1. I want to be able to connect any IP Phone or softphone to a UC540 via internet connection. We want to avoid VPN for making things easier for teleworkers and for us as IT also. I have been trying for hours to get the phones to work but they all stuck at registering... warning (for ip communicator) and connecting... (for ip phones). Can anyone give me the correct ports that i need to open or some other hint to help me get this to work?

2. I have been asked to change the SCCP or SIP standard ports port for making things a little more secure since we are not going to implement VPN. can this be done? And how?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

I don't believe this is a supported configuration. If you are able to get it to work at all you would be turning your firewall into swiss cheese.

Setting up a VPN can be a hassle, especially for end users, but it is essential if you want support from Cisco for your remote users.

Cole

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: