cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Access to CCA 3.0 and UC500 System

Sblazer614
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking in a way to access customers systems and CCA to do remote changes without having to access the customers onsite PC with CCA software on it.  Isn't there a way to have our technicians PC with CCA access the UC500 Systems to do diagnostics and program changes?

4 Replies 4

bethingt
Level 1
Level 1

You can VPN into the UC500.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9750

Once you have VPN access you can connect using CCA.

BRian

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Do not do it, even though you "can" do it we have nothing but headaches because if you make a

change in CCA, it will kick you off the VPN and you will not be able to get back in (at least in our experience).

Posted the issues here, and was told it's not recommended.

Thus I don't recommend it. Use another remote access solution to get in to make changes, or go onsite (I know not what I wanted to hear)

Bob James

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

I use CCA through a VPN and do not have issues. Just ensure not to make changes to the WAN interface or VPN settings and you should have no issues.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Albert Wilhelm
Level 1
Level 1

As best practice we set up the VPN into all of our clients using either the UC500, ISR routers or ASAs.

Many of our clients want to make small changes and going on site is not cost effective. CCA works great over a VPN connection. Just don't make changes to the WAN or VPN configurations as that will certainly knock you off.

Hope this helps.

Bert Wilhelm

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: