cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote SPA525G2 sporadically reconnecting?

Hello, Does anyone have an idea why a remote SPA525G2 would sporadically reconnect to the VPN?

There does not seem to be a specific event that causes this.  Otherwise the calls are fine.

I can provide more details if needed.

Thank you, Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

7-4-6 comes with the SWP.  7.4.7 is the recommended phone load for UC 500 and SPA50x phones.

For SPA525G or G2, you can go with 7-4-8.

Basically, 7.4.8a is for the SPA50x/30x to resolve a crash or stability issue when the phone is operating in SPCP mode.

Sorry for the confusion

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

What firmware are you using?  I had this problem and fixed with a firmware change.  I will have to check which one finally worked.

Jason, the firmware is whatever is standard in the "8.1" zip load.   7.4.4, I believe.

Let me know what you changed to or from and I will check.

Thank you.

Hi Paul,

Is this the same system/phone that you are having the same voice issues with?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I changed it to 7.4.7.  That seemed to fix the reconnecting issue.  Initially I used 7.4.8 but that did not work so well.  There are some different threads recommending against 7.4.8.

7-4-6 comes with the SWP.  7.4.7 is the recommended phone load for UC 500 and SPA50x phones.

For SPA525G or G2, you can go with 7-4-8.

Basically, 7.4.8a is for the SPA50x/30x to resolve a crash or stability issue when the phone is operating in SPCP mode.

Sorry for the confusion

David, yes the phone reconnecting is one SPA525G2 used as a remote teleworker.  The other SPA525G2 that is having the voice dropping issue is another remote teleworker off the same system.

The system is a UC540, connected to a Windstream T1 via a Cisco 2431 router.

At the office there are just two local phones, a SPA504G and a 7960.

Question.  Can the 7.4.7 firmware be "dropped" into the UC540 and automatically update the remote phones?

Please advise.  Thank you, Paul

Steven, thank you for your continued support, and Congrats on your post milestone!

Thanks Paul for the recognition (I joined my first Netpro in 2005, and didn't use it much till  2009 just after we launched the small business portal.  And 2400 is nothing.  There are folks in Cisco Partner Advisors, TAC guys, etc who spend their day in the communities and exceed this easily :-)  Partners exceed my number as well :-)    I am happy about that actually so thank you!

And in fact the Small Business community  is one where we (Cisco folk) don't earn points because partners don't really mark questions answered, so the larger Cisco doesn't rank it, so there is the proof that I am not here for that. 

I use it as a Sales enablement tool and I find it keeps me focused on priorities, guides collateral generation, helps w/ feature roadmap, and keeps partner satisfaction up.  What started as a new model of "massively scaling" to the many partners turned into an invaluable tool for Cisco to enjoy IMHO.

I can tell you that the main difference between our community and Partner Central (which by the way has become VERY respectable again) is YOU ALL.  The interaction among partners is really what we are after here as well. So thank you too.

The firmware can be dropped on the picture of the uc500 on the topology and the phones will update when rebooted.  A cool feature that works.

Jason, David, Steven, thank you.

I just uploaded the 7.4.7 firmware to the UC540.

I will update this post when we see if this indeed helps correct the issues.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: