cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset Time/Date on UC320W

dlhenning
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC320w with SPA504G handsets.  I've been trying to reset the date and time and have been unable to do so.

I have access the my UC and access to the handset but am still unable to set the date and time. 

I read during  my research on this, that the date/time are preset at the factory and that it should be possible to reset that through the SPA.

When I try to log into admin login on the SPA, I get forbidden access.

It shouldn't be that hard but apparently it is.

Is there a way to upload that info from either the UC or the SPA?

If this is the wrong board to post this on please let me know.

Any help will greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello dlhenning,

Link below points to the admin guide for the UC320W.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unified_communications/csbuc300/html/uc320w_ag_78-19371en.html

*************************************************************************************************************************************

If you are not able access admin, try the following steps.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11609786/forbidden-admin-login

You have to enable the web access from the phone.

Press Setup button on the phone.

Scroll down and press Settings

> Security Configuration

> Web Access Enable. Press Edit and then Y/N to change the option and press SET.

If you do not find the Edit option, press **# and the Edit option will appear. You can also modify the profile using the web interface.

Press Setup button on the phone.

Scroll down and press Settings

> Security Configuration

> Web Server Writable. Press Edit and then Y/N to change the option and press SET. Now you can access the web GUI of the IP Phone.

**************************************************************************************************************************

Below are the directions to set system time by using a SPA50x phone.

To set the system time by using a Cisco SPA300 or SPA50x Series IP phone:

1. Press the Setup button.

2. Select Time/Date. Enter the date in the mm/dd/yy format. Press * or # for the forward slash. For example, enter 10*01*11 for Oct. 10, 2011.

3. Press the down-arrow navigation button, and then enter the time in hh:mm:ss format. Press * or # for the colon. For example, enter 6*21 for 6:21.

4. Press the down-arrow navigation button, and then enter the time zone Offset in ±H:m:s format. Press * for + or # for -. Press * or # for the colon. For example, in the U.S. Pacific Time zone, enter *8*00 for -8:00.

5. Press save.

6. Press the Setup button to close the window. The time setting is propagated to the Cisco UC320W and the other phones.

Hope this helps,

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks.

I don't have a setup button or a start button on our phones that I can tell.  I can get to the SPA through the web interface but that is it.

The PMF files don't address setting the date/time.  Any suggestions.

The setup button should be directly below the messages button.

http://sims.8x8.com/documents/710612_1_cisco_spa504_quick_start_guide.pdf

Hope this helps.

That did the trick.  Now if the UC will hold the change we'll be fixed.  Thank you very much.

Your welcome

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: