Views
Helpful
Replies

Reverse Phone Lookup not working on Cisco IP Phone 8841

Jonathan Leroy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

On my Cisco IP Phone 8841, I've configured an XML Directory Service and set the "Reverse Phone Lookup Serv" setting to "Yes". 

Using phone UI, I can access the directory. However, when an incoming call arrives, no lookup is made by the phone and the phone number is displayed. Looking at my server logs, I see no HTTP request to the XML Directory Service when the phone ring.

Thank you for your help. 

3 Replies 3

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

If this is a 3pcc phone, I have raised this with Cisco and unfortunately they have classed it as a feature request rather than a critical bug. F2585

In my case, I am trying to invoke reverse lookup to LDAP.

The explanation given was that if the incoming call has a textual description of the calling party, the phone assumes this has been intelligently populated and doesn’t bother to reverse lookup.

Eg in ""

From: "+443330237000" <sip:+443330237000@10.200.61.132>;tag=tBQv6c0y9rXQH

Although the logic carries some merit, in my view it's incorrect as the user is not in control of that field and should be able to instruct the phone to reverse lookup unilaterally. (like yealink etc)

By the way - if the phone has a local contact, the phone does lookup in that database - just not external ones.

It would help massively if you could ask Cisco to prioritise F2585

Adam

Thank you for your detailed answer Adam.

Yes, this is a 3PCC phone. I will try to make Cisco support prioritize this bug.

Hi Adam, 

Few years later, do you known if any progress have been made on this issue?

thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: