Views
Helpful
Replies

S.O.S Phone in Recovery Mode SPA 941

GadjiliTofik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I need help / advice with this SPA voip phone i'v got, suddenly it showing me sos message, I gues one of my collegues tried something and that went wrong.

Now I found the original firmware, fut when I try to upgrade it or restore the software is unable to connect to the phone,

phone has an IP, I found it true ARP, and other restore software which is menth for other spa model can see / contact the phone over lan, but

is unable to restore it to normal state.

any help / advice is much aprisciated.

thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

GadjiliTofik
Level 1
Level 1

NObody any idea ?

Hi Tofik, thanks for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. I was wondering if could you perform a factory reset, you can do this following these steps, it´s in the section System Administration>Factory Reset

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpipp/ip_phones/administration/guide/spa_9X1_admin.pdf

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

When there is a SOS on the screen, then there is no menu, no reset posibility. The phone is dead. the only option is to upload the firmware to restore it's functions. but I dont have the right software/tool to do it. I have only the updater not the restorer.

Hi Tofil,

Can you please reach out to our Small Business Support Center and open a Service Request to address this issue? One of our Engineers may be able to work with you and diagnose the root cause. You can find the appropriate contact information for SBSC in the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.