Views
Helpful
Replies

Scan Phone Mac Addresses via Barcode scanner

Devinder Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

How do you scan the mac addresses into an excel / CSV sheet so that these can be imported into via BAT?

I was thinking of buying a USB handheld scanner but not sure of any inexpensive / free OCR application that will help populate the scanned image into text.

Thanks in advance.

dpsharma

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Actually, mine had no software either.  I think it was detected as a USB keyboard and just worked.  It was a cheapest USB scanner I could find.

View solution in original post

That is exactly what you need to do.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

This isn't really the right place for the question because BAT doesn't work with Small Business products.

I do however have some experience with a USB bar code scanner on in Excel.  You don't need anything to convert the image, at least with the one that I used, which was a very cheap scanner.  It would simply read the code and the text was placed into an Excel spreadsheet.  I think I had to hit enter after every scan, but it did save a good amount of time. 

Thanks Steven. I needed it for a CME, which I thought was a small business product. But you are right, I should have tried in more appropriate forum.

The cheap USB scanners that I am looking at, do not mention anything as to accompanying application and I am sure the one that you had used in the past, would have come with some software application as well.

Anyone much appreciate your help and I will do some more research to find out a suitable scanner. I am a freelancer supporting some small businesses for Cisco products.

dpsharma

Actually, mine had no software either.  I think it was detected as a USB keyboard and just worked.  It was a cheapest USB scanner I could find.

Excellent. So I assume that all I need to import that into excel is to select the cell and scan the barcode and it will automatically populate into the cell.

Appreciate again your help and support Steven.

dpsharma

That is exactly what you need to do.  Good luck.

Hi,

As for me, I am also testing about excel barcode add-in these days. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: