Views
Helpful
Replies

SCC Advanced

SteveOrfanos
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

We have a potential customer that would like to use the SCC Advanced Client in softphone mode, i.e. in an office environment without any handsets. Can this be achieved and are there any limitations discounting the fact that they will require headsets. The customer requires 72 SCC Advanced licenses outlined below.

Do we need to also add 7  x  L-UC_PRO_8U which will equate to 72 user licenses on the system. How does it integrate into the UC560 taking into account that there is no handsets?

UC560-T1E1-K9

1 x L-SW-SCC-SERVER.

7x L-SW-SCC-8ADVANCED.

1x L-SW-SCC-OPERATOR

Very much appreciated,

Steve

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

SCC advanced client works with IP communicator.  I've seen it first hand.  I've never tried using Operator console with IP Communicator, though.

View solution in original post

Yep seems you are most correct,

The data sheet URL below shows the platforms that are supported for the advanced SCC client.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps10585/datasheet_c78-601274.pdf

Here is a screen shot taken from my windows 7 OS with the advanced client making a call via my CIPC.

But validate the application on a PC to make sure the windows environment will not cause any issues for you.

regards Dave.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

SteveOrfanos
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

Just an update to let everybody know that I was advised by the presales team that this is not possible. Can anyone confirm this? Can anyone suggest any alternatives apart from IP Communicator.

Thanks

Steve

SCC advanced client works with IP communicator.  I've seen it first hand.  I've never tried using Operator console with IP Communicator, though.

Yep seems you are most correct,

The data sheet URL below shows the platforms that are supported for the advanced SCC client.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps10585/datasheet_c78-601274.pdf

Here is a screen shot taken from my windows 7 OS with the advanced client making a call via my CIPC.

But validate the application on a PC to make sure the windows environment will not cause any issues for you.

regards Dave.

Nathan and David,

Appreciate your solution to my post however how can Cisco compete with Microsoft Lync when the solution they offer is a workaround. I'm extremely disappointed and surprised that there is no untethered pure softphone option.

Apprecaite your help

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: