cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCC Server, Advanced Client, and Operator programs in Multisite deployments

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone used the SCC Server, SCC Advanced Client, and SCC Operator programs in multisite deployments? What has the experience with the SCC Server, SCC Advanced Client, and SCC Operator programs been in multisite deployments?

4 Replies 4

Marcus Olson
Level 1
Level 1

I installed this exact scenario this weekend.  So far so good..  Not overly impressed with the solution itself (as in the gui, and functionality) but it works as advertised.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

Have deployed this now in our Demo room and also at one clients site and am about to embark on a large deployment of it...

It works and that is a good start

The interface could do with some work though but other than that it seems to do the job.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Can you see all extensions at every location via the Smart Call Connector Operator Console?  Are you using floating extensions to keep 3 digit dialing?

I assume you are not using the split tunneling feature and you are sharing the data VLAN among all sites in order for all to see the SCC Advanced Server; or am I missing the mark?  Do you notice any latency due to the data VLAN share across a multisite?

Your insight will help me tremendously.  I have several partners looking for my recommendation on similar scenarios.

Thanks for the input.

Robcast

Hi Robert,

Let me just preference what I am about to say with that, what you are asking about has been done with the former Call Connector, right now I am just trying to get into the groove of SCC.

Former Call Connecter (1.5 EFT version):

* 3 Main Sites

* Head office with the SBS-2003 Server and Call Connector

* Call Connector has all three sites programmed in and Radius configured on all ISR's (NOTE: NOT UC-500 systems they were ISR's running CME version 7.3.1)

* Presence was available at all three sites

* Split Tunneling IPSEC was used between the devices

* Chatter did put some latency on the network but in most cases this was negligible and never become a major issue

* Voice and Data subnets were different and protected by VLAN Setup, in other words using a Cisco Standard Configuration Deployment

Smart Call Connector Server version 2.01.010 - Clients 2.01.012:

* Local Connectivity is fine, system has quite a few bugs on XP especially Adobe related issues

* Running on server 2008 R2 with latest updates

* Stability is sketchy, clients tend to loose connectivity to it, but normally it comes good on its own

* Presence seems to work as it should, certain things have not been fully tested or tried as of yet

* Management of Multiple UC's is still underway and could be sometime before I get to that stage

In theory if it could be done on Call Connecter then it should be able to work on SCC, the server side interface is almost identical only some minor enhancements have been made. However since I do not actively have more than one site to lab work this, I cannot verify I am no longer employed at the place where I setup the multi-Site call connector.

I have a Multi-Site deployment coming up, If I loose the debate on supplying SCC to them (Which I honestly do not want to) then I will let you know how it all pans out, hardship and good times alike.

I am waiting for a full Jabber version for the UC-500 series to be released and XMPP should be way more reliable than what SCC operates on... Unless the version I am using is XMPP/Jabba enabled (I do not believe this to be the case), the free Open-Source one I use with Asterisk is way more Funky and full featured and does the presence for 9 Servers with no problems and these 9 servers are in different countries

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *