cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Second Line Appearance of Same Extension-SPA500 Phones?

Question, can a Duplicate Line Appearance of the original extension be added to one of the Side buttons on an SPA500 series phone?

In detail, if my SPA504G phone has a user extension of 201, this appears on the top button.

What I'd like to do is set the second button to show 201 as well for toggling between calls when a second call comes in as they are talking to someone on the first line.

Whenever I try to choose the same extension as the first button in CCA is tells me it is not allowed, "extension already set up on button one".

Thank you, Paul

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

In CCA, no, you cannot do this.  But, you can do something a little bit different.

You could create a second different ext.  CFB to this second extension.  On that second extension, you could call forward to vm of the first extension by using the transfer to vm prefix.  If the transfer to VM prefix is 6, the CFNA extension would be 6201.

View solution in original post

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

CCA will not allow you to have more than one button with the same number, but it is possible to do in CLI. I know that this feature will work on the SPA525G phones, the 7900 series phones, and the Cisco IP Communicator softphone.

Here is a link describing how it is configured in CLI (will work with all of the IOS releases supported on the UC500 platforms):

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/11065#11065

As far as I know, this feature is planned to be added to CCA in the future.

Either method will require the same amount of Ephone-DN's.  That is how it is licensed, not the exact amount of dialable numbers on the system.  But, I think you should have plenty of DN's to make this happen.

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

In CCA, no, you cannot do this.  But, you can do something a little bit different.

You could create a second different ext.  CFB to this second extension.  On that second extension, you could call forward to vm of the first extension by using the transfer to vm prefix.  If the transfer to VM prefix is 6, the CFNA extension would be 6201.

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

CCA will not allow you to have more than one button with the same number, but it is possible to do in CLI. I know that this feature will work on the SPA525G phones, the 7900 series phones, and the Cisco IP Communicator softphone.

Here is a link describing how it is configured in CLI (will work with all of the IOS releases supported on the UC500 platforms):

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/11065#11065

As far as I know, this feature is planned to be added to CCA in the future.

Steven & John, thank you.  As for John's answer, does making changes via CLI void SMB Support Help?

I know I have been asked if any CLI work has been done when calling on other systems.

For Steven, will there be enough available extensions to add a second line to say 12 phones on a 16 license system?

Thank you both for your help.  Paul

Either method will require the same amount of Ephone-DN's.  That is how it is licensed, not the exact amount of dialable numbers on the system.  But, I think you should have plenty of DN's to make this happen.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: