cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set Call Forwarding on and off on line Extension Keys.

Hi,

is it possible to enable and disable call Forwarding to a specific number with only one line key ?
So wenn you press the line key 1 it calls *72005723864455 and the line key turns red while call forwarding is enabled, when you press it again it disables call forwarding and the line key turns green.

It´s possible to enable call forwarding on line Key 1 and disable it on line key 2, the problem with that solution is that the User of the Phone does not now if Call forwarding  is enabled or not. 

So is there a solution where line key 1 turns red when enabling Forwarding and the turns green again when disabling it with line key 2 ? 

Greetings 

Florian

Florian

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

is it possible to enable and disable call Forwarding to a specific number with only one line key ?

Line Key can have two predefined sequences to dial. It alternates between them. But it's just dumb flip-flop mechanism, no feedback. Thus key state may not be synchronised with the PBX state. I dislike it, but you may consider it acceptable.

Or, if you PBX is smart/configurable enough, you may dial just single sequence - it's up to PBX to turn forwarding on if it has been off and vice versa.

So is there a solution where line key 1 turns red when enabling Forwarding and the turns green again when disabling it with line key 2 ? 

It depends. Line key color can be linked with a state provider (SIP SUBSCRIBE method). It's intended to be used as Busy Lamp, but it can display any state published by PBX. Our PBX publishes state of many supplemental services, so I can link a line key not only to state of CFU, but also other flavors of forwarding services, to DND service and many others. So answer to your question depends on features of the PBX you are using

Thanks for your quick and thorough answer, i completely forgot to mention that wer are using SPA504G Phones, but i guess that does not change anything about your answer as you stated it all depends on the pbx we are using.

We are in Small Business Support Community part of Cisco Community so I assumed SMB phones like SPA3xx or SPA5xx.

One more note - Line key can be configured to invoke internal "browser" - you can request remote page and do something with response (it's not standard HTML but CIsco's custom XML-like format instead). It allows you to craft complex extensions to phone UI according your requirements. Even this solution depends on (API of) PBX you have.