cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up attendant console for spa525g

kimengel13
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up my attendant console (spa500) for my spa525g. We use intermedia.net as our hosted pbx and they are not willing to help on this issue. I have tried and tried to set it up and i keep getting the same errors. See attachments for settings. I know there are inconsistencies with the settings but that is because I was trying different settings to see if any of them worked. Can someone please help me out with this?

Thanks!

KE

5 Replies 5

jlhbjnhh67
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using Broadsoft?

No we use intermedia.

Reply-To: "cisco-support@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com" >

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 06:04:21 -0800

To: Kim Engel >

Subject: - Re: Setting up attendant console for spa525g

Home<>

Re: Setting up attendant console for spa525g

created by Jonathan Lee<> in IP Phones - View the full discussion<>

maybe you want to try different server type.. I have only Broadsoft and Asterisk.

intermedia is the company that manages our exchange and IP phones. How would I know which server to choose? I only had the options of broadsoft and asterik as well.

Hi Kim,

The real question is, does intermedia support busy lamp field (blf)? I'm guessing that they don't because:

• I looked at their hosted PBX offering and don't see any mention of BLF support.
  • I also searched their knowledge base for "BLF" and did not locate any articles.

On the SPA525, BLF and call pickup (CP) work together so you have to always configure for CP when configuring for BFL.

To answer your original question, how does one choose between Asterisk and Broadsoft?  You use the one your provider tells you to use. This choice is related to the type of call control your provider offers. Your service provider has to explicitly configure their server and your account for BLF and CP.

Here are examples for configuring BFL on Broadsoft and Asterisk (just to provide some background for you):

I wish I could help you more.

Regards,

Patrick

---------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: