Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Skype Connect with SPA303

control1110
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just purchased a Cisco SPA 303 and I am trying to get it set up with skype connect. I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly apprieated.

Thanks,

Jason

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business voice - ATA and gateway". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

Thank you I have moved it to the correct forum.

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Jason,

I took a look at the Skype Connect documentation, and it looks like you need to enter the SIP credentials you get when you create a new profile in Skype Connect into the SPA303.

The information you are looking for is a proxy address (Skype calls this a Skype Connect address) as well as a user name and password for that profile.

Then you can login to the administrative website of the SPA303 and enter this information in the Proxy and Registration section of the Ext tab.

Skype doesn't mention anything other than those settings and UDP port 5060, which is the default on the SPA303.

Documents I referenced:

Skype Connect Quick Start Guide:

http://download.skype.com/share/business/guides/skype-connect-quick-start-guide.pdf

SPA303 Admin guide: (specifically the section called Proxy and Registration)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpipp/ip_phones/administration/guide/spa500_admin.pdf

Christopher Ebert

Network Support Engineer - Cisco Small Business Support Center

*Please rate helpful posts*

Thanks for your help.

I have entered all this and seem to somewhat have it working. Seems like my issue is with Skype connect now. Is there a way to set up this phone without Skype connect?

Thanks,

Jason

There are other VOIP providers out there, they usually provide the same information for setting up the phone (proxy address, username and password).

What do you mean when you say you have it somewhat working? If it is an issue with Skype you might want to give them a call, or you can look into another VOIP provider. 

Christopher Ebert

Network Support Engineer - Cisco Small Business Support Center

*Please rate helpful posts*