cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Get the latest Cisco news in this February issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Share Line cannot be configured at SPA500S side car

Hi,

During the configuration of UC320, I found that I cannot configure share line at side car SPA500s with SPA502. is it a bug or original system design? Do you hv any ways to configure 30 direct no. with UC320. It helps to serve the nature of Business Center. Thx.

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Phone line buttons must be provisioned on the SPA phone and not on the sidecar.  This is per design.  I'm not sure I understand how you are trying to provision the system.  Are you trying to provision 30 speed dial buttons?  The system can't support 30 FXO lines.  Perhaps if we have some more details on the customer requirements we can provide some options.

Cheers,

Chris

Highlighted
Beginner

Thx Chris for clarification.

The customer is running its own Business Center. There are a few users at company with SIP trunk connection, but 50 calling numbers are assigned by Telco. The receptionist of Business Center is required to serve the calls for 30 business companies. The receptionist would need to know the calling number (not caller number) as different greeting will be applied for those 30 companies.

Initially, we tried to configure 30 share lines at sidecar (with the company name labeling) to idenify the calling numbers. But it is not a visable option now. Do you have any comment?

Regards

Ellen

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Ellen,

The UC320W is not really design/sized for this sort of application.  The only thing I can suggest is to give the receptionist 3 SPA509 phones.  This will provide 36 line buttons.  You will then provision 'Additional' extensions' -- one for each button.  Then on the inbound calls create a route for each 'Additional extension' with the DIDs provisioned for that business.

Depending upon how many real users you have you may not have enough voicemail boxes for each business to have voicemail box.

Hope this helps.

Chris