cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared FXO Line MWI

marshall.leach
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed a UC320W and 6 SPA504G phones. Everything was working now post firmware upgrade to 2.3.2 from 2.2.2 the MWI will not turn off. Only one voicemail box exists on the system and no messages are in the vm box. I'm stumped and I'm considering falling back to firmware 2.2.2

I've rebooted and looked at some 504 setting but nothing seems to be helping.

Before I fallback does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Marshall,

Yes, it is a bug. Bug ID is CSCuc61458 "MWI light is lit even the mailbox is disabled/deleted".

The work around is to factory reset the phones with MWI lit and apply configure from YP.

Thanks,

Wendy

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Marshall,

Was the shared FXO line MWI on before upgrading the firmware? Was there any voice message in that mailbox before upgrading?

Now if you dial to voice mail pilot number 395 and listen to this mailbox, is there no any message?

Regards,

Wendy

Thanks for the reply Wenjin,

There may have a message and or the MWI light lit just before the upgrade as I did the firmware upgrade after hours. I tried a reinitializing of the voicemail box which didn't change the situation. They are now reporting that two of the three lines are giving shutter tone when they try to dial out. I have confirmed there is no voicemail service on the FXO lines from the carrier.

I'm not sure where your seeing "395" as that is not a extension or lead pilot number on this system... There currently are no messages on the system and the MWI light is still lit...

Hi Marchall,

You can find the voicemail pilot extension from Internal Dialing page. The default extension is 395 unless it has been changed. You can dial into this number and input the voice mail box number when being prompted to check the voice message at any internal phone.

Regards,

Wendy

Are you refering to the Prefix?

Voicemail Prefix: The digit is used to dial a voicemail box. For example, if this digit is 7, and a voicemail box is 201, then you can press 7201 to leave a message in this mailbox. At least one digit must be assigned to this function, to support voicemail access.

I have changed that to digit "8". So to check voicemail on the system the users hit the Voicemail button on the phone, enter the voicemail box 150, and the pw.

When they dial "8150" voicemail answers as if they are a calling leaving a message.

I had them dial "395" and they get a busy tone.

I just removed all voicemail boxes from the system and rebooted the UC320... The light is still lit with no voicemail boxes configued on the system. Is this a bug in the firmware?

you can fix this on uc500 series by going into cli and running "csim start A801..." where ... is the 3 digit extension of the phone in question.

If you can get somebody from cisco to do this for you throuhg a pmf file or something, then you are good to go.

Hi Marshall,

Yes, it is a bug. Bug ID is CSCuc61458 "MWI light is lit even the mailbox is disabled/deleted".

The work around is to factory reset the phones with MWI lit and apply configure from YP.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wejin,

It appears a factory reset did the trick. I'll be reseting all the phones this evening and will close this thread if it resolves the issue for the rest of the phones.

Thanks for the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: