cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Show 1-800 number when callers call in using that number

Derek Thom
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer who just purchased another company that has a 1-800 number. They want to redirect the 1-800 number to their main number, but want to know when someone is calling on that line using the 1-800 number and not the number currently assigned. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Derek

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

With POTS lines, the phone just rings and CLID is passed.  The UC does not know what number was dialed for incoming calls. The PSTN provider doesn't\cant pass that information over simple POTS lines.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

bethingt
Level 1
Level 1

You could have that DID point to a certain dn and then have that dn set on all ephones as a monitor button if they wish to just see activity or as a shared line if they wish to see actvity and be able to use the line on each ephone.

Brian

They have their UC500 set up as a keysystem with FXO lines, so I don't think I could configure it that way. I thought about the DID as well, or just having it come in on a totally unused number or adding another line, but I guess these aren't options for them. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Derek

You could point that incoming line to a floating extension, then set the Call Forward to the extension to whatever number you like.  Hope this helps.  At least that way you can see where the number is coming from and who is calling.

I don't think this will work since again this line is shared with another published number. So, even if I forwarded the number it wouldn't show what number the caller dialed, it would just display who called. And since these are FXO ports on their own extension then it wouldn't matter what number they called it would still ring through to the same extension.

Is there a way to display the number that the caller dialed? That would be the best solution if it's possible. Their phone company sends that information, I just don't know how to display it on the phone.

DNIS digits are passed when you have a PRI (CCS T1) or a SIP Trunk.  POTS lines can't pas DNIS digits

OK, I thought that might be an issue. Is there any way to configure the system to distinguish what number has been dialed?

Thanks all for the help!

With POTS lines, the phone just rings and CLID is passed.  The UC does not know what number was dialed for incoming calls. The PSTN provider doesn't\cant pass that information over simple POTS lines.

OK thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: