Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple Conference Calls / joining calls with the UC520

Hi all

i recently had a UC520 installed and we are having a hard time with what i would thing is a simple feature, joining 2 calls together in a conference.

Bit of info, we have out lines set up as octo lines. So the scenario would be like this...

Boss Calls in on Line one, another associate would call on like 2. i need a method to have these 2 people to talk together.

Currently we have to hang up on of the lines, then with the other line select conference and then call back the person for a conf to work. Seems crazy to me.

The join feature does not work, i get a error "Can not complet conference"

Any advice would be helpful. im not the system programmer , im the site IT guy, we have a company doing the work for us but they seemed stumped too.

4 Replies 4

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Just a quick thought, start a new call and open the conference bridge up.

This can be done thru an octal line phone

Then you could transfer each call to that conference.

This should allow each person to join the call as you need them too.

That may work, i will try that. how is this normally done with your system ?

To use the Join softkey your phone needs to have two active calls at minimum.   When they are on hold hit the "more" softkey, then hit select for the user you would like to join the conference.  You might need to take a person off hold to be able to select them.  Remember it takes three people to use the feature. You, your boss and someone else, with calls placed to your phone.  Lastly, your IT needs to active the ad hoc conference feature in CCA. Good luck.

BTW What state are you located in?

In addition, if a line is a shared octal line, meaning the same extension is on multiple phones, the you can use CBarge (conference barge), also configured in CCA (I recommend 3.0), and you can also disable the join and leave toned if you wish in the conference GUI window.