Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple way to set up Music on Hold on SPA525G

philiphdean
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

This may be a dumb question, but I'm not cisco ip phone tech savvy at all... I just need to set up music on hold on our five SPA525G office phones.  I can't seem to find a simple way to do this.  There's a video on YouTube showing how to do this using Cisco Unified Call Management, but I have no idea what that is.  All I want is music on hold. Is there not just a simple way to do this?  Like installing music to the phone.  We don't have a central server.  Of course, I could upload music to our web hosting server and put a URL somewhere, but where would I put this URL and would that even work. 

I know to you guys this is probably the dumbest question you've ever read, but I'm an office admin guy working for a charity and we just need Music on Hold.

I managed to configure the phones quite easily to use with Zadarma (virtual PBX), so that wasn't a problem.  I thought Music on Hold would be a piece of cake, but I'm completely baffled.

Really hoping someone can help explain (in a language that this dumb, old guy can understand).

Many thanks in advance,

Philip

:)

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The music on hold is not provided by SPA525G2. You need an MOH server supplying a MOH stream. Then you can configure SPA525G2 to use such stream.

I don't know if Zadarma can provide it. Consult Zadarma's documentation. If the Zaradma can't supply MOH stream you need to arrange other MOH source.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: