Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simplest way to forward all calls to a cell phone

Hi Guy´s.

How was the simplest way to foward all incomming calls to a external cell phone? It should be easy managed by a button like FWD on a phone (SPA 525) in the system, independent of date and time.

Thank you in advance,

CHristian

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Christian,

The answer to your question really depends on how you have incoming calls routed. 

If they come directly to an internal phone, then just press the CFWD button on the phone and dial the cell phone number. Remember to dial just as you would if you were dialing an outbound call including the access code. 

Routing to a cell phone gets a bit more complicated if you have hunt groups, auto attendent, ect.

View solution in original post

I believe that floating extensions can be routed in CCA directly to a cell phone.  You would also be able to put "call forward all" on the ephone-dn in CLI.  I also think this is a capability of the newer versions of Office Manager, and it's definitely an option in the CUE GUI. 

You have to remember though, that if you do a CFWD on an extension in a hunt group, it will break the hunt group.  I usually get around this by putting a separate line appearance or shared line on a second button of the phone. 

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

You can also use the nightservice feature for this. Set the mobile number as a night service number for everyone and make *999 the night service number.

8 Replies 8

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Christian,

The answer to your question really depends on how you have incoming calls routed. 

If they come directly to an internal phone, then just press the CFWD button on the phone and dial the cell phone number. Remember to dial just as you would if you were dialing an outbound call including the access code. 

Routing to a cell phone gets a bit more complicated if you have hunt groups, auto attendent, ect.

hi brad,

thank you for your answer. I agree with you, CFWD works best with one extension, but if I would like to route all calls from any extension to a mobil phone it do not work I guess. I have not tried it, yet, but so far I can remeber is there a limitation for floating extensions.

cheers,

Christian

I believe that floating extensions can be routed in CCA directly to a cell phone.  You would also be able to put "call forward all" on the ephone-dn in CLI.  I also think this is a capability of the newer versions of Office Manager, and it's definitely an option in the CUE GUI. 

You have to remember though, that if you do a CFWD on an extension in a hunt group, it will break the hunt group.  I usually get around this by putting a separate line appearance or shared line on a second button of the phone. 

to use a shared line is a very good idea, I will try this.

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

You can also use the nightservice feature for this. Set the mobile number as a night service number for everyone and make *999 the night service number.

hi ruud,

I've already tried that, unfortunately, is dependent on date and time and thus can/will also not be activated via the SPA 525.

thank you for your answer

Actually, he is right Christian.  You can manually activate the night service feature by pressing the *99 service code from a phone in the hunt group.  I didn't even think about that option. 

very good idea, it works for me, but i can only leave 4 different mobile numbers for night service, or can I add more with CLI?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: