cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Number Reach Question...

pgirard77
Level 1
Level 1

This may be the feature they're talking about in the next releaseCCA 3.0 , but here is the scenario..

Phone setup with Single number reach to cell phone.

The call goes to phone then to cell phone, but the cell phone's voicemail picks up causing the call to go to the cell phone voicemail and not back to the phone's voicemail.

CCA 2.2.5 used.

Also, in blast groups this appears to be happening as well.

Thanks

Pat

22 Replies 22

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Pat,

I don't recall if this can be configured using CCA, however, you can reduce the timeout using CLI. The timeout parameter determines how long the phone rings before being forwarded to the cfws-noan destination. Reduce this timeout below the timeout for the cell phone to forward to voicemail.

snr 4085550133 delay 5 timeout 15 cfwd-noan 2001

Hope this helps.

Brandon

agreenou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pat,

If you don't feel like diving into the CLI, Single Number Reach (SNR) timeout settings will be available in CCA 3.0, targeted to be released by year end.

Aaron.

rcastill
Level 1
Level 1

In CCA 2.2.6 you can amend the CFNA (Call Forward No Answer) timeout to be a different value from the default (20 seconds).  Since both phones in single number reach ring simultaneously, setting the timeout value to a lesser value than the single number reach cellphone will make the CFNA timeout expire prior to the SNR CFNA timeout setting.  In simpler terms the extension with a smaller CFNA value will forward to voicemail first; in most cases this will be the deskphone instead of the cellphone.

This setting is in the user extension setting...

In my experience these adjustments will help if the cell phone is on and rings before voicemail.   Hopefully we will see a future option that will allow a 'too soon' timer where if the cell phone does not ring, the call will be pulled back to the UC's voicemail. (Similar to full CallManager) -- Not very helpful when traveling users are on planes and their phone is off.  

Where is CCA 2.2.6?

Not released yet.  It's about a week out.

Cheers,

Dave.

pgirard77
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Will try all suggested and let you know

I really hope CCA 3.0 will address all these issues because Cisco Support is telling us to not touch the CLI and soon if we do - dropping support for CLI mixed environments.

There has been some confusion regarding the upcoming SBSC support policy, here's the simple version:

1. Existing hybrid or CLI configurations will be supported after January 3rd if they stay at the current softpack (8.0.4).

2. New installs/purchases after January 3rd will be supported on CCA only.

I would like to know if anyone has Single Number Reach working the way it is designed and that is to pull the voicemail back to the UC500 if the cell phone is not answered.  I have done dozens of installs and I can not seem to ever get this working properly.  Single Number reach works fine and is very useful but the call always goes into the Cell phone voicemail no matter what settings I place on the CLI for single number reach. 

Hi John,

Wierd, guys it works for me..

I just enabled SNR on my 7965 IP  phone. My extension is x203 and as you can see it will SNR to my analog phone  x301  with the following parameters as seen in my script below;

ephone-dn  12  octo-line

number 203 no-reg primary

pickup-group 1

label 203

description Dave Hornstein

name Dave Hornstein

mobility

snr 301 delay 2 timeout 18 cfwd-noan 399

call-forward busy 399

call-forward noan 399 timeout 20

night-service bell

I had x204 call myIp phone on  x203 , 2 seconds later my x301 rang.  Then after the timeout  went to my IP phones  voicemail.  I heard my message on my VM  to confirm it is my VM box and then hung up.

I think you need to debug the call,  maybe via   debug voip ccapi inout  or if you are not confident about it call the Small Business Support center and get some help debugging the call

Here part of a debug below i took at the time, showing x202 calling x203  and x203 forwarding the call to 399 (Voicemail)

During that time my analog phone x301 rang as well.

Nov 20 02:10:35.179:  cfna attr is fn:CFNA,ft:11/20/2010 02:10:32.387,frs:0,fid:270,fcid:D3BB480F3AC11DF81F1E198673B8407,legID:218,frson:3,fdcnt:1,

fwder:203,fwdee:202,fwdto:399,frm:203

014190: Nov 20 02:10:35.203: //536/0D3BB48081F1/CCAPI/cc_api_call_disconnect_done

i even changed my SNR to my cell phone with the same result, it worked fine, so i could not reproduce your issue.

I am using the uc520-8.0.4.zip package on my UC520.

John, I do not doubt your comment, try my settings , but if it fails  i would suggest you call the Small Business Support center (SBSC) if your Voice system is a UC540 or UC560  or Cisco TAC if your system is a UC520.

Here is the contact details URL  for  the SBSC ;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

good luck with  regards Dave

David, I am excellent with cli. Also I notice you have configured a snr to a local ip phone which most likely works without a hitch. But Have you tried to a cell phone or a number off the system? I would like to see if anyone in this community has got this to work. Again the call works fine but it never goes back to the uc500 voicemail once snr is initiated to the cell phone. No matter what timeout settings I change in cli.

I have it working with UC560 Software Pack 8.0.2 using CCA 2.2.5.

If cell doesn't answer, it goes back to CUE.

Hi john,

As I said "i even changed my SNR to my cell phone with the same result, it worked fine, so i could not reproduce your issue."

David,

What type of PSTN connection are you using. If FXO, this is not going to work. See the link below which says:

"Call forwarding of unanswered calls, configured with the cfwd-noan keyword in the snr command, is not supported for PSTN calls from FXO trunks because the calls connect immediately."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesnr.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: